This Thursday the Supreme Court will rule on the future of the new health care law that already provides benefits to over 100 million people across the country. No matter the outcome, Alliance f or a Just Society affiliates and partners are planning responses to the decision all across the country. Below is a list of actions planned–check back frequently for updates.
[Montana] MONTANA ORGANIZING PROJECT
• Missoula: Thursday, June 28, 11:00am, Press Conference. Federal Court House, 301 W Broadway. FMI contact Montana Organizing Project, 406-529-849
[Nevada] PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP ALLIANCE OF NEVADA:
• Las Vegas: Thursday, June 28, 1:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. PLAN office, 708 South 6th Street. FMI contact Michael Ginsberg, 702-791-1965
[Oregon] OREGON ACTION
• Portland: Thursday, June 28, 2:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. Pioneer Square, 701 SW 6th Avenue. FMI Jonathan Grindell at 971-634-0004
• Medford: Thursday, June 28, 2:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. Vogel Plaza, 2 S. Central Avenue. FMI Rich Rohde at 541-772-4029
[Washington] WASHINGTON COMMUNITY ACTION NETWORK
•Thursday, June 28, 10 ACTIONS planned in 10 cities immediately following decision. FMI contact Washington Community Action Network, 206-389-0050.
[Florida] ORGANIZE FLORIDA
• Orlando:Thursday, June 28, 4:00pm, Rally. Republican Party of Florida headquarters, 99 E. Mark St. FMI contact Stephanie Porta, 407-492-4784
[North Carolina] ACTION NORTH CAROLINA
• Raleigh: Thursday, June 28, 10:30am, Press Conference. State Capitol Building, Capitol Square, downtown Raleigh
• Charlotte: Thursday, June 28, 12:00pm, Press Conference. Carolinas Medical Center, 1000 Blythe Boulevard.
[Virginia Organizing Project] VIRGINIA ORGANIZING PROJECT
• Staunton: Friday, June 29, 2:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. Staunton Courthouse, 1 East Johnson Street.
• Martinsville: Friday, June 29, 4:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. FMI, contact Virginia Organizing Project, 434-984-4655
• Charlottesville: Friday, June 29, 12:00pm, Rally/Press Conference. Downtown Mall.